I am a ‘full-stack marketer’ (definition here) with a portfolio that encompasses; marketing strategy, digital marketing, public relations, graphic design, web design, copywriting, and more.
Unlike many marketers, I am not just a strategist; I have considerable experience in setting up and operating entire marketing departments from scratch, including marketing automation tools and CRM systems.
I have driven results for organizations in many different industries, including construction, sensor technology, post-secondary education, and financial services.
Currently, I am:
I am a Digital Marketing Manager & Design Specialist with Marketing CoPilot, a Toronto-based digital marketing agency that helps B2B companies build marketing engines that drive leads and sales.
I am also available for freelance & consulting work, depending on the type of project (see list on right).
Please contact me to find out how I can be a part of your success.
Director of Business Development
Nix Sensor Ltd. (Sept 2014 – Feb 2016)
- Directly responsible and accountable for all marketing, sales (B2C & B2B), client care, and public relations activities for a tech startup serving many diverse markets;
- As the first employee to go full-time with Nix, I helped grow the company to six-figure revenues and a team of nine people within one year of our product launching.
- Notable achievements include orchestrating and executing the launch of the Nix Pro Color Sensor, planning & executing two trade show appearances (IIDEX 2015 & IDS 2016), creating & performing proof-of-concept tests for key markets, designing paid pilot programs for enterprise clients, and assisting with software development (UI/UX) for the Nix Pro Color Sensor app.
- My efforts resulted in Nix being featured in local media, national media, international media, trade magazines, and academic journals recognizing our unique achivements in creating a handheld, portable, durable, and cost-effective color sensor.
Inside Sales & Marketing
Ira McDonald Construction Ltd. (May 2014 – March 2015)
- Grew IMC’s sales pipeline by over $100 million by sourcing leads through public tenders, personal connections, and by researching key markets;
- Prepared proposals for private and public sector clients, which were successful in advancing IMC to the tender stage over 80% of the time (unprecedented for IMC);
- Rebranded the company, including a full website refresh and all printed collateral;
- Managed all communications channels, including company blog and social media;
- Analyzed cash flows & profitability to develop the 2015 Business Development strategy for the company, and successfully presented this to the executive team;